Connecting cutting devices to Asanti
Asanti is a production hub for the sign & display market and offers the capability to drive a wide variety of cutting devices using cutter front-end applications.
The same goes for Apogee, Agfa's production hub for commercial printers. Apogee not only drives CtP and CtF devices, but also includes support for digital commercial presses (see link) and sign & display devices (printers, proofing devices and cutting devices).
To know exactly which cutting devices and corresponding cutter front-end applications are supported by Asanti, use the selection table below and see what version of the workflow is required in order to drive the cutting device.
In case your specific cutting device is not listed, Asanti still offers the capability to prepare jobs and create a cut-ready file for these cutting devices as well. These cut-ready files can be PDF, EPS, HPGL, PLT, PLP, DXF, ... and are sent to an existing 3rd party cutter front-end application hooked up to the cutting device. Please note that Agfa cannot be held responsible for output in terms of cutting order and accuracy when a 3rd party cutter front-end application drives these cutting devices as Agfa cannot control nor alter the data provided by this solution.
- Cutting devices and corresponding cutter front-end applications, which are not supported, might change to "supported" in the future.
- To drive additional cutting devices and corresponding cutter front-end applications, additional licenses might be required.
- Setup available = The setup is available and was validated using a simulation tool.
- Basic setup validation = The setup was validated with an actual cutting devices and corresponding cutter front-end application, but not used in production by a customer.
- Customer installed = The setup is used in production at a customer and was approved by the customer in terms of functionality.