Connecting wide format printers to Asanti
Asanti is a production hub for the sign & display market and offers the capability to drive a wide variety of wide format printers directly. These devices are not limited to the Agfa brand, but include support for Mimaki, HP and others.
To know exactly which wide format printers are supported directly by Asanti, use the selection table below and see what version of the workflow is required in order to drive the printer.
In case your specific wide format printer is not listed, Asanti still offers the capability to prepare jobs and create a print-ready file for these printers as well. These print-ready files can be vector PDF or TIFF and are sent to an existing 3rd party RIP hooked up to the printer. Please note that Agfa cannot be held responsible for output in terms of colors and quality when a 3rd party RIP drives these printers as Agfa cannot control nor alter the data provided by this solution.
- Wide format printers, which are not supported, might change to "supported" in the future.
- To drive additional wide format printers, additional licenses might be required.
- Driver available = The driver is available and was validated using a simulation tool.
- Basic driver validation = The driver was validated with an actual wide format printer, but not used in production by a customer.
- Customer installed = The driver is used in production at a customer and was approved by the customer in terms of functionality.