Connecting proofing devices to Asanti
Asanti a production hub for the sign & display market, Asanti offers the capability to create proofs on a variety of proofing devices.
The same goes for Apogee, Agfa's production hub for commercial printers. Apogee not only drives CtP and CtF devices, but also includes support for digital commercial presses (see link) and sign & display devices (printers, proofing devices and cutting devices).
To know exactly which proofing devices are supported directly by Asanti, use the selection table below and see what version of the workflow is required in order to drive the proofing device.
In case your specific proofing device is not listed, Asanti still offers the capability to prepare jobs and create proof-ready files for these proofing devices as well. These proof-ready files can be sent to a GDI connection, which offers in many cases a good solution. Please note that Agfa cannot be held responsible for output in terms of colors and quality when a GDI connection drives these proofing devices as Agfa cannot control nor alter the data provided by this solution.
- Proofing devices, which are not supported, might change to "supported" in the future.
- To drive additional proofing devices, additional licenses might be required.
- Driver available = The driver is available and was validated using a simulation tool.
- Basic driver validation = The driver was validated with an actual proofing device, but not used in production by a customer.
- Customer installed = The driver is used in production at a customer and was approved by the customer in terms of functionality.